How to open
To open the settings, enter the menu and select Settings. Some items may be unavailable if users with different access rights are added (they are configured using LT Setup).
The General tab contains the following elements:
- Language – selecting the application language.
- Connection – selecting the method of connection to the server (local, remote, cloud, see Configuring the Type of Connection)
- Local server address – local server address.
- Remote server address – remote server address.
- Access key – server access code.
- Current server -– the server to which the device is currently connected.
- Servers list – list of servers in a LAN.
Configuring the type of connection
In the Connection box you can select the type of connection to the server – local, remote, automatic or cloud.
Local type (Local) implies the connection to the server that is in the same LAN with your device. All servers that will be detected on your LAN appear in the Servers List below. To connect to one of them, simply click on it and click Apply. The selected server will be added to the Current Server box (the screenshot below). You can also connect to the local server by manually entering its IP address in the appropriate field. If you manually enter the local IP address, the list with available servers will not be displayed.
Remote type of connection (Remote) allows you to connect to your server via the Internet. To connect, the router must be configured to forward the port to the DE-MG/Metaforsa module (55555 by default).
In order to connect to your server, you would simply enter the external IP address of your router in the Remote server address field, enter the access key in the Access key field and click Apply. Now, your device can be connected to any network. Automatic type (Auto) allows you to always communicate with your server. The application tracks the network which you are connected to, and if you are in the same network with your server, the application connects you to it with a local type of connection, and if not, then with a remote one. To work with the automatic type of connection, you need to enter both the local server address (or select it from the list and connect), and the remote one, and then click the Apply button. The cloud type (Cloud) assumes connecting to your server through the Larnitech cloud service. To connect, you need to enter the E-mail and password from your Larnitech account and click Apply. If you do not have a Larnitech account, you can register it on the toolbar of the Smart Home system administration (LT Setup). If you have a cloud type of connection active, but you are connecting to the same LAN with your server (and you have a local server address bound), then the connection type will be automatically changed to local.
The button design of the main menu of the application varies depending on the type of current connection:
local connection (Local);
remote connection (Remote);
cloud connection (Cloud).
In the Messages section you can customize when and what types of messages you will receive. You can activate or remove the receipt of four types of messages – Regular, from the Intercom, Important, and Critical. The connection can be enabled and disabled for the following modes of operation:
- Local network. Active mode – when the application is active and the connection type is local.
- Local network. Standby mode – when the application is folded and the connection type is local.
- Remote network. Active mode – when the application is active and the connection type is local.
- Remote network. Standby mode – when the application is hidden and the connection type is remote.
Tick the boxes near the desired types of messages in the desired modes, and you will allow the messages to be received; otherwise, unmarked message types in unmarked modes of operation will not come and be saved in the Messages section. If you tick the box next to Ignore missed intercom calls, you will not receive messages about the missed calls via Intercom regardless of the application activity and connection method. To confirm the changes made, click Apply at the bottom of the screen.
You can use the Skins menu to select a skin (the option of application design). The screenshot on the left shows the available skins. To select the desired skin, tick the box next to it. Pulling the arrows on the right side of the window up and down you can move the skin within the list (selected skins are applied in the order from top to bottom). To apply the changes, click the Apply button at the bottom of the window.
You can use the Advanced section to change the advanced settings of the Larnitech application.
- Engineering mode – when activated, the engineering mode is enabled. It opens additional features: audio settings, display of system items, the ability to clone settings of connection, set the addresses of multimedia and cloud servers, etc.
- Expert settings - adds an "Advanced" tab to the Edit menu.
- UPnP client – it activates UPnP support in the application for connecting to UPnP devices (Larnitech media points, UPnP renderers of third parties).
- UPnP playlist upload – it allows you to upload your playlist to the media point; in the inactive state, the playlist is automatically downloaded from the media point to the device (see Additional functions -> Download playlist).
- UPnP render – it activates the ability to use the device on which the application is running, like UPnP render.
- Beep – it turns on sounds when you click on items in the application.
- Vibrate – it turns on vibration when you click on items in the application.
- Fullscreen – it activates the full-screen mode of the application.
- Blinds tab - makes new tab on main screen and separates blinds and gates from "Executors" tab to "Blinds" tab
- Disable sleep mode – it allows you to disable the device's sleep mode when the application is open. If set to Yes, the sleep mode is disabled. If set to No, the sleep mode is not disabled. If set to Off when charging, the sleep mode is activated for the period of charging the device.
- Disable screen – it allows you to specify how long your device is inactive after the last touch to the screen before your display dims. Values from 1 to 30 minutes are available.
- Local connection type – it allows you to select the method of connection to DE-MG or Metaforsa in local mode: TCP (recommended) or UDP. In the Auto mode, the application automatically selects the optimum method.
- Optimize TCP traffic – it activates the traffic optimization. In the Never mode it is inactive, in the Always mode (recommended) it is always active. In the Only for remote connections mode it is activated when the remote and cloud modes of connections to the server are used.
To confirm the changes made, click Apply. When activating the Engineering Mode, an additional tab (Audio) will appear on the Android OS devices on the advanced settings tab (Advanced) that allows you to configure the echo cancellation for the Intercom – this is a section for developers.